ptthistorybooks.com is the website of Phillip Thomas Tucker, Ph.D
Phillip Thomas Tucker, Ph.D. values the privacy of its users. We have developed this Policy to help you understand how we collect, keep, and make use of personal information. We strictly comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679. The company also takes full responsibility and accountability for the control and regulation of all data collected from our users.
We can be contacted by filling out the form on our website.
Effective Date: (Date Posted)
By using our Service, you agree to this policy and the provisions stated.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT THEM
We collect data by using Cookies and when you provide personal information through our web forms and by contacting us. We collect the following information:
Personal Data - We collect personal data that may include (but are not limited to):
- First and Last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Other information relevant to our Service
Usage Data - We collect Usage Data using Cookies. The information collected may include (but are not limited to):
- Date and time the user visited the website
- The duration of the user's visit to our website
- Browser information
- Information about the user’s device, i.e. Phone, laptop, etc.
- Browsing history
- IP address (Internet Protocol Address
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide better service for our customers
- To notify users of every update regarding our Service
- To create a better platform for the participation of our users
- To provide and enhance our customer care and support
- To track our visitors' usage
- To detect, resolve, and prevent technical issues as soon as possible
Cookies are packets of data that are stored on your devices to collect user data. Such devices include desktops, computers, laptops, or mobile devices. Cookies record data that keep track of each user's visit and other activities on our website and serve as unique anonymous identifiers of site visitors.
These are the cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. These cookies allow users to move from page to page without being asked repeatedly to provide their personal information.
Preference Cookies. These cookies keep track of user preferences, such as language settings and their location.
- Security Cookies. These cookies keep track of user authentication and prevent unauthorized parties from accessing user data.
Google Analytics Cookies. We use these cookies to collect Google Analytics data.
- _ga cookie. This is used to identify users whenever they visit our website. By default, it will last for two years of inactivity.
- _gat cookie. This is used to control the request rate, which limits the collection of data on high-traffic sites. It expires after 10 minutes.
- _gid cookie. This is used to store and update a unique value for each page visited by users. It expires after 24 hours.
If you wish to block these cookies from collecting any information, please close the tab or browser to prohibit any data collection.
We may use the help of third-party companies and individual service providers to help us improve our Service. As such, we may allow them temporary access to our database of personal information to perform some tasks on our behalf. Third parties are not allowed to share information we have collected.
The information they collect:
- Our users’ devices, browsers, and apps
- The pages a user has clicked while using our Service and other usage habits
- The information on a user’s location, such as their IP address
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
RETENTION OF DATA
TRANSFER OF DATA
The collection and retention of Personal/Usage Data include computers located outside of the US. In this case, data protection laws may vary from those that are under your country's jurisdiction. Information collected from countries outside of the US will be processed back to the US.
We will take all necessary steps in ensuring the safe handling of your data. Furthermore, we will not allow the transfer of your data to a different country or organization unless we can determine the security of your data and other personal information.
DISCLOSURE AND SECURITY OF DATA
We shall not disclose any information to any third-party entities for security and privacy unless the user gives clear consent to do so. In cases where personal information about the user is needed, we will promptly inform the user before proceeding.
We will use commercially acceptable modes of protection to keep collected data safe. However, please keep in mind that not all modes of electronic transmission and storage over the Internet are completely secure at all times.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
We do not take responsibility for these third-party websites, and we have no control over their policy practices and privacy coverages.
USERS UNDER THE AGE OF 18
This website is not intended for children or minors under the age of 18. As such, we forbid the gathering, maintenance, and sharing of any data gathered from anyone under the age of 18. If you believe a minor has submitted any personal information on our website unknowingly or deliberately, please contact us and we will remove any data collected from the said individual. We do not purposefully gather, hold, nor do we share individual information.
UPDATING AND DELETION OF DATA
If you wish to update the information that you had previously provided or want to remove some data that you had submitted, you can communicate your request to us by emailing or calling.
HOW TO CONTACT US